- 1 Sweet Potato Large, wash and dice into small cubes (¼-inch squares)
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 cups Onion Coarsely chopped
- ½ Green Bell Pepper Coarsely chopped
- 1 Jalapeño Pepper Minced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Large Pot
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add diced sweet potato. Boil for 5-8 minutes, until potato cubes are cooked through. Drain the water and set the sweet potato cubes aside to dry while you cook the pepper and onions.
- Preheat skillet to medium heat. Drizzle 1 Tablespoon of oil onto the skillet and add the onion and peppers. Stir often and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the potato cubes, onions, peppers, garlic, salt, pepper, and seasoning. Continue cooking until the sweet potato, onion, and peppers have browned.
Keyword Bell Pepper, Bell Peppers, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Green Bell Pepper, Green Pepper, Italian Seasoning, Jalapeño Pepper, Onion, Onions, Sweet Potato, Sweet Potatoes, Vegetarian