Sweet Potato and Apple Bake
Enjoy the taste of fall with the combination of sweet potatoes and apples in this delicious side dish. Serve with roasted chicken or turkey, and a large green salad.
- 3 1/2 cups Sweet Potatoes 2 – 15 ounce cans
- 2 cups Apples Peeled, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Chopped Nuts Pecans, walnuts or any other type
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Butter Unsalted, melted
- Baking Dish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put sweet potatoes in baking dish.
- Add apples.
- Pour 2 Tablespoons of the sweet potato liquid over the mixture.
- Mix brown sugar, nuts, flour, and melted butter together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over the top of the sweet potato/apple mix.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and bubbly.
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, Apples, Brown Sugar, Butter, Chopped Nuts, Sweet Potatoes