- 2½ cups Pancake Mix
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Split Peas Yellow; cooked and well-drained
- ¼ cup Honey Or brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Medium Bowls
- Frying Pan
- Add pancake mix to a medium-sized bowl. Slowly stir in water until well mixed.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, add yellow peas and mash with fork.
- Once well mashed, add 1 Tablespoon butter, honey (or brown sugar), cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix until pureed.
- Add to pancake mix and stir until well blended.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add 2 Tablespoons oil.
- Once heated, add ½ cup pancake mix at a time, forming pancakes.
- Cook for approximately 1-1½ minutes on each side.
- Remove from pan, add toppings, and enjoy!
- Top pancakes with syrup and/or fruit of choice (bananas, strawberries, blueberries, etc.)
Keyword Brown Sugar, Butter, Cinnamon, Ground Cinnamon, Honey, Pancakes, Salt, Split Peas, Syrup, Vanilla, Vanilla Extract, Vegetarian, Yellow Split Peas