- 1 Banana Ripe
- ½ stick Butter Unsalted, 4 Tablespoons
- ⅓ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- ⅓ cup Light Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 Egg Large
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ⅔ cup Rolled Oats
- ½ cup Raisins Optional
- ⅓ cup Chocolate Chips Optional
- Baking Sheet
- Large Bowl
- Microwave-Safe Bowl
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Cut butter in half. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat in microwave 10-15 seconds to soften. Be careful not to melt butter.
- In a large bowl, use a mixing spoon to blend butter, banana, and sugar.
- Add peanut butter and brown sugar. Continue mixing until completely combined.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add flours and baking soda. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in rolled oats. If using chocolate chips or raisins, gently stir in now.
- Scoop dough with a teaspoon. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Flatten dough balls by using a fork to make a criss-cross pattern on the cookies.
- Bake on middle rack of oven until cookies are lightly browned on bottom, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven. Let sit 5 minutes to firm up. Remove from tray.
- Cookies may take a little more or less time to brown depending on your oven.
- For a quick snack, crumble cookies on top of ½ cup low-fat plain yogurt.
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, AP Flour, Baking Soda, Banana, Brown Sugar, Cookies, Flour, Oats, Peanut Butter, Rolled Oats, Sugar, Vanilla, Vanilla Extract, Vegetarian, Whole Wheat Flour