- 1 can Black Beans Rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Red Quinoa
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Bread Crumbs Whole wheat
- ½ cup Oats Quick
- ¾ cup Cheddar Cheese Reduced fat, shredded
- ¼ cup Yellow Bell Pepper Minced
- ¼ cup Onion Minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Large
- 1½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoon Oregano Dried
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Saucepan with Lid
- Mixing Bowl
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
- Roughly mash the black beans with a fork leaving some whole black beans in a paste-like mixture.
- Mix the quinoa, bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, garlic, cumin, salt, pepper, cheese, and egg into the black beans using your hands.
- Form the black bean mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Cook the patties in the hot oil until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Patties can also be baked in a 400°F oven for 20-30 minutes.
Keyword Black Beans, Bread Crumbs, Cheddar Cheese, Cumin, Eggs, Garlic, Ground Pepper, Oats, Olive Oil, Onion, Oregano, Quinoa, Salt, Vegetarian, Yellow Bell Pepper