- 1 can Beef 24 ounces, drained
- 1 package Penne Pasta 12 ounces
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup Onion Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup Milk Reduced fat
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes Sliced in half; or 1 can crushed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- Ground Black Pepper To taste
- Parmesan Cheese Optional; for serving
- Large Skillet
- Large Pot
- In a large pot, cook the package of penne pasta according to package instructions so that it is al dente.
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add in the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté a minute more. Add in the beef and pepper flakes, and use two forks to shred the beef.
- Stir in tomatoes, milk, and salt, and continue to simmer over medium or medium-low heat until the mixture thickens, around 8 minutes. Taste and add additional salt or pepper if needed.
- Stir the cooked pasta into the sauce and heat thoroughly. Serve immediately with a sprinkle of shredded parmesan, if using.
- If you like, add in 2 cups of baby spinach with the tomatoes and milk for a nutritional boost.
Keyword Beef, Canned Beef, Cherry Tomato, Cherry Tomatoes, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Milk, Olive Oil, Onion, Pasta, Penne Pasta, Red Pepper Flakes