Chicken and Broccoli Bake
Use fresh-cooked chicken or leftovers that have been properly handled to save time in this baked casserole.
- 1 cup Rice Uncooked
- 10 ounces Harvesting Good Broccoli Frozen
- 3 cups Chicken Cooked
- 2 Tbsp Margarine
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Chicken Broth Low-sodium
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- Saucepan Large
- Baking Dish
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook rice in 2 cups of water.
- Let broccoli thaw.
- Chicken should be off the bone.
- Melt margarine in large sauce pan. Add flour to melted margarine and stir. This will be lumpy.
- Use broth from chicken you cooked or use canned chicken broth. Slowly add broth to margarine/flour. Stir to remove lumps and thicken.
- Add cheese and stir.
- Add rice, broccoli, and chicken. Stir.
- Put in a casserole pan and bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Learn more about:
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, Broccoli, Chicken, Chicken Broth, Harvesting Good Broccoli, Margarine, Parmesan Cheese, Rice