- 1 bunch Collard Greens Chopped into thin strips
- 1 bag Brussels Sprouts About 12 ounces, chopped into halves
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red Onion Medium, sliced into thin half moons
- 6 cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- ¼ tsp Oregano Dried
- Salt To taste
- ½ cup Pecans Optional
- Pan With lid
- Medium Bowl
- Wash collard greens and remove stems and ribs, chop into thin strips.
- To soften the greens and Brussels sprouts, first steam them in 1 cup of water in a covered pan until tender (about 10 minutes).
- Drain water from pan, move Brussels sprouts and collards into a covered bowl.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in the pan.
- Add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the mustard and oregano. Add collards and Brussels sprouts to the pan and toss with a spoon to coat.
- Add a pinch of salt along with the pecans, and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, roughly stirring once per minute so that the onions, garlic, mustard, and pecans (if using) cover all the vegetables.
Keyword Brussel Sprout, Brussels Sprouts, Collard Greens, Dijon Mustard, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Gluten Free, Greens, Oil, Onion, Oregano, Red Onion, Vegan, Vegetarian