- 4 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger Grated
- 1 lb Sweet Potato Cubed
- 1 Onion Medium, diced
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 can Tomato Paste 6 oz
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Chunky
- 4-6 cups Vegetable Broth Or water
- 3 cups Kale Chopped
- 1 can Black Beans Drained
- Large Pot With Cover
- Place ginger, garlic, and onion in a pot with a small amount of broth or water to steam.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into ½-inch cubes. Add to pot and steam with ginger, garlic, and onion for afew minutes, adding more water if necessary.
- Add cumin and red pepper flakes, then stir in remaining broth or water gradually until desiredconsistency reached. You may not need all the liquid.
- Stir in tomato paste and peanut butter until evenly mixed, then add black beans.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- While soup cooks, rinse the kale and remove the leaves. Cut leaves into thin strips, then add to soup.
- Once soup boils, reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes or until sweet potatoes soften. Taste the soup andseason with salt if needed.
- If you used broth for the soup base, you will likely not need any additional salt.
Keyword Black Beans, Cumin, Fresh Ginger, Garlic, Kale, Onion, Peanut Butter, Red Pepper Flakes, Sweet Potato, Tomato Puree, Vegetable Broth