- 1 cup Water warm
- 2½ teaspoons Active Dry Yeast 1 package
- 1½ cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil Or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- Large Mixing Bowl 2
- In a large bowl, add water, yeast, and whole wheat flour. Mix well.
- Add oil, salt, and 1¼ cups all-purpose flour. Mix well. If dough is very sticky, add remaining ¼ cup all-purpose flour. Blend until dough holds its shape.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Knead by pushing down and forward on the dough with the palms of your hands. Fold dough over onto itself. Push down and forward again.
- Spray large bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Add dough. Cover with plastic wrap. Let sit at room temperature to rest and soften, about 30-60 minutes.
- When dough is soft and supple, remove from bowl. Knead again for 1-2 minutes. Divide evenly into 2 balls.
- If you only want to make one pizza, or if you plan to make the pizza another time, save one or both dough balls for later use. Store dough in a lightly oiled zip-top plastic bag for up to 2 days in the refrigerator or 1 month in the freezer. Defrost frozen dough in the refrigerator overnight. Let refrigerated dough come to room temperature on the counter before using.
Keyword Active Dry Yeast, All-Purpose Flour, AP Flour, Flour, Pizza, Pizza Dough, Vegan, Vegetarian, Whole Wheat, Whole Wheat Flour, Yeast