This pesto is easy to make and can be kept on-hand for several days. This pesto also makes a tasty sandwich spread or veggie dip.
- 3 cups Basil Fresh, packed
- 3 cloves Garlic Large
- ⅓ cup Walnuts
- ⅓ cup Parmesan Grated
- Salt To taste
- Pepper To taste
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil Extra-virgin
- Food Processor
- Place the basil leaves and garlic in a food processor or blender, and mix well. Add the walnuts, and continue to blend until the nuts are finely ground.
- Keep the machine running as you drizzle in the olive oil. When you have a smooth paste, transfer to a bowl, and stir in the parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- If you are not going to use the pesto right away, place in a container that has a tight-fitting lid. Smooth out the top surface of the pesto, and pour on enough olive oil to cover it completely. This creates an air-proof seal that helps preserve it well. Cover tightly and store in the refrigerator.
Keyword Basil, Garlic, Gound Black Pepper, Kosher Salt, Olive Oil, Parmesan, Walnuts