- 4 Radishes Large
- 1 Carrot Small
- 1 cup Salad Greens
- 3 sprigs Cilantro Or parsley or dill
- 1 Lemon
- 2 ounces Swiss Cheese Or cheddar cheese, low-fat
- 1 Avocado Large, ripe
- ¼ cup Yogurt Nonfat, plain
- 3 Tortillas Whole wheat, 8-inch
- 5 ounces Turkey Optional; thinly sliced, roasted
- Box Grater
- Medium Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Scrub and rinse radishes and carrots. Rinse salad greens. Pat all veggies dry.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel radishes and carrots into long, thin strips. In a medium bowl, collect veggie strips.
- Rinse herbs. Pluck leaves off stems. Tear leaves into smaller pieces.
- Rinse lemon. Zest using the small holes of a box grater. Cut in half and remove seeds.
- Grate cheese.
- Slice avocado lengthwise. Remove pit. Scoop avocado out of shell.
- In a small bowl, use a fork to mash avocado. Stir in yogurt.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice onto avocado mixture. Add herbs and a pinch of lemon zest. Stir.
- Warm 1 tortilla in the microwave for 30 seconds, or longer as needed.
- Place the warm tortilla on a cutting board. Spread ⅓ avocado mixture over center of tortilla. Layer with ⅓ greens, ⅓ grated veggies, and ⅓ cheese. If using turkey, add ⅓ turkey now. Squeeze more lemon juice over the mixture.
- Roll tortilla and toppings into a log shape. Use a knife to slice wrap into four “pinwheels.”
- Repeat process for the other 2 tortillas. You will end up with a total of 12 pinwheels.
- Use any of your favorite seasonal veggies in this wrap. Grate, chop, or peel into thin slices before adding.
- Use 1 cup homemade guacamole in place of avocado.
Keyword Avocado, Carrot, Carrots, Cheese, Cilantro, Lemon, Lemon Juice, Radishes, Salad Greens, Swiss Cheese, Tortillas, Turkey, Whole Wheat Tortillas, Yogurt