A tasty meat alternative everyone will love.
- 1 can Black Beans 16 ounces, low sodium
- ½ Bell Pepper Green or red, finely chopped
- ½ Onion Finely chopped
- ¼ cup Corn Canned
- 3 cloves Garlic Finely chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- ¾ cup Bread Crumbs
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 teaspoon Thai Chili Sauce Optional; or hot sauce
- Medium Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Drain and rinse black beans. In a medium bowl, mash black beans with fork until thick and pasty.
- Finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Add to mashed beans. Add corn.
- In a small bowl, stir together eggs, chili powder and cumin. If adding hot sauce, combine now.
- Stir egg mixture into mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together well. Divide into four patties.
- Place patties onto baking sheet and cook for about 10 minutes on each side.
Keyword Beans, Bell Pepper, Bell Peppers, Black Beans, Bread Crumbs, Chili Powder, Cumin, Egg, Eggs, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Green Bell Pepper, Green Pepper, Hot Sauce, Onion, Onions, Red Bell Pepper, Red Pepper, Thai Chili Sauce