Vampire Apples are an easy to maketreat idea for kids. Marshmallow "teeth" are held in place by a layerof peanut butter on the apple "lips." Slivered almonds are added lastto resemble vampire fangs.For a nut-free option, substitutejam for peanut butter. Sunflower or pumpkin seeds can be used as a substitutefor the fangs.
- 3 Apples Large
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter Or almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups Marshmallows Mini
- 1/4 cup Almonds Slivered
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice Optional
- Quarter the apples from stem to bottom. Turn each apple quarter sideways and cut large wedge out to form open mouth.
- Spread 1 tbsp almond butter inside “mouth” and line with mini marshmallows to form 1 row of teeth and insert almonds for fangs. Repeat with remaining apples, almond butter, mini marshmallows, and almonds.
- If not serving immediately, brush cut sides of apples with the lemon juice to prevent browning for up to 1 hour.
Keyword Almond Butter, Almonds, Apples, Lemon Juice, Marshmallows, Peanut Butter