Upside Down Pineapple Cupcakes
These pineapple upside down cupcakes are great to make for family gatherings or as treats to pack into lunches. It's an easy recipe; adaptations can be made to make this completely from scratch. This is just a yummy simplified version!
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Eggs Whisked
- 6 Pineapple Rings
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Butter Melted, unsalted
- Cupcake Pan
- Large Bowl
- Heat your oven to 390 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl add the whisked eggs, Greek yogurt and maple syrup and combine well. You can use either a hand whisk or electric beaters to do this.
- Sift the dry ingredients: flour and baking powder into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Use the melted butter to grease the bottom of the cupcake tin and then place your pineapple rings into each cupcake hole. Then pour the cake batter on top of the pineapple rings.
- Bake for 25 minutes and check it's cooked through using a sharp knife or skewer inserted into the middle to make sure it comes out clean. If it doesn't, put the cupcakes back into the oven for another 5 minutes
- Cool the cake down in its tin for at least 25 minutes and then turn it out onto a wire rack.
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Butter, Eggs, Greek Yogurt, Maple Syrup, Pineapple