- 1/2 cup Quick Oats
- 1 1/2 cup Black Beans Drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar Packed
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips Dark
- Baking Dish 8×8
- Food Processor Or blender
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor or blender, and blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips or walnuts over the top.
- Cook the black bean brownies for 25-30 minutes, then let cool for at least 10 minutes before trying to cut.
- If they still look a bit undercooked, you can place them in the fridge overnight and they will firm up.
- We love to use local Maine maple syrup in this recipe!
Keyword Baking Powder, Black Beans, Brown Sugar, Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Powder, Olive Oil, Quick Oats, Salt, Vanilla Extract