- 1 can Cannellini Beans 15 ounces, low-sodium, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Onion Large, diced, about 1 cup
- 2 Carrots Diced, about ½ cup
- 2 stalks Celery Diced, about ½ cup
- 1 Zucchini Small, diced, about 1½ cups
- 1 clove Garlic Minced
- 1 teaspoon Thyme Dried
- ½ teaspoon Sage Dried
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 32 ounces Broth Chicken or vegetable; low sodium
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 14½ ounces, no salt added
- 2 cups Spinach Chopped
- Parmesan Cheese Optional; to taste
- Small Bowl
- Large Soup Pot
- In a small bowl mash half of the beans with a fork or spoon and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, garlic, thyme, sage, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth and tomatoes with the juice and bring to a boil. Add the mashed and whole beans and the spinach leaves and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes more.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Keyword Broth, Cannellini Beans, Carrot, Carrots, Celery, Chicken Broth, Diced Tomatoes, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Low Sodium Broth, Onion, Onions, Parmesan, Parmesan Cheese, Sage, Soup, Spinach, Tomato, Tomatoes, Vegetable Broth, Vegetarian, Zucchini