Tuscan Grill Cheese Sandwich
A Tuscan Grill Cheese Sandwich with mozzarella cheese, fresh spinach and tomatoes makes a lunch time favorite even better!
- 1 oz Margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Basil dried
- 1/4 teaspoon Oregano dried
- 12 slices Whole-Grain Bread sliced
- 7 oz Mozzarella Cheese low-fat
- 8 oz Baby Spinach
- 4 Tomatoes medium
- Cooking Spray
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt margarine in a large saucepan. Add garlic, basil, and oregano. Stir well. Set aside for later.
- To prevent sticking, evenly coat a baking sheet with vegetable spray.
- Place 12 bread slices on baking sheet.
- Place (about 1 oz) cheese slice on top of each slice of bread.
- Place ⅔ cup (about 10 leaves) spinach on top of cheese.
- Place 2 slices of tomatoes ¼” each on top of spinach.
- Place 1 slice of bread on top of each sandwich.
- Brush the top of each sandwich with margarine mixture.
- Bake until lightly browned, for about 15-20 minutes.
Keyword Dried Basil, Dried Oregano, Garlic Powder, Mozzarella Cheese, Spinach, Tomatoes, Whole Grain Bread