- 2 cups Macaroni Noodles Whole wheat
- 1 Bell Pepper Small
- 1 Onion Small
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 ounces Cheddar Cheese Reduced-fat
- 1 pound Ground Turkey Lean
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 14 ounces, no salt added
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme Dried
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Box Grater
- Large Pot
- Large Skillet with Lid
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. In a colander, drain macaroni and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
- While macaroni cooks, rinse and dice bell pepper. Peel and finely chop onion. Peel and mince garlic.
- Grate cheese.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add turkey, bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Cook, crumbling the meat with a mixing spoon or rubber spatula, until meat is no longer pink, about 15 minutes. In a colander, drain off fat.
- Return meat mixture to skillet. Stir in macaroni, tomatoes with their juices, thyme, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook over medium heat until cheese is melted, 5-7 minutes.
- Add more of your favorite veggies to this dish in step 4. Try fresh or frozen peas, peppers, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, or summer squash. Or, use up any leftover veggies from another meal!
- Use lean ground beef instead of ground turkey if you prefer.
Keyword Bell Pepper, Bell Peppers, Cheddar Cheese, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Ground Turkey, Macaroni, Onion, Onions, Pasta, Thyme, Whole Wheat Macaroni