Tuna Salad Sandwich
The Tuna Salad Sandwich, with canned tuna, fresh onions, celery, and boiled eggs is a classic recipe that is great for lunch, dinner, and snacks!
- 1 1/4 cups Canned Tuna chunk style, water packed, and drained
- 1/4 cup Onions chopped
- 1 cup Celery chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Dry Mustard
- 1 Egg large hard boiled, peeled, chilled, and chopped
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise low-fat
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 6 Whole-Grain Rolls
- 1 head Lettuce Romaine, small, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 Tomatoes medium sized
- Medium Bowl
- 1/2 Measuring Cup
- Drain and flake tuna.
- In a medium size bowl, combine tuna, onions, celery, dry mustard, egg, mayonnaise, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir well. Set aside for later.
- Cool to 40 °F or lower within 4 hours.
- Cut roll open and place on plate. Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom half of roll. Place a tomato slice (about ¼”) on top of the lettuce.
- Using a ½ measuring cup, scoop and slightly spread the tuna filling on top of the tomato. Cover the top with a roll.
Keyword Celery, Dry Mustard, Egg, Garlic Powder, Mayonnaise, Onion Powder, Onions, Parsley, Romaine Lettuce, Tomatoes, Tuna