- 2 Cucumbers Large
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 can Tuna 6 ounces, low sodium, packed in water
- 1 can White Beans 15½ ounces
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard Or country mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Box Grater
- Medium Bowl
- Small Bowl
- Rinse cucumbers. Peel off skin every ¼ inch, all the way around. Cut lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a small spoon.
- Rinse lemon. Zest using the small holes of a box grater. Cut in half. In a small bowl, squeeze juice. Discard seeds.
- Rinse and chop green onions.
- Drain tuna. In a colander, drain and rinse beans.
- In a medium bowl, mash beans lightly with a fork.
- Add green onions, tuna, oil, mustard, salt, pepper, lemon zest, and 2 Tablespoons of the lemon juice to beans. Mix with a fork.
- Fill each cucumber half with ¼ tuna mixture. Serve.
- For a snack or party food, cut cucumbers into thick slices. Do not remove seeds. Place a dollop of tuna mixture on top.
- Add chopped bell pepper or celery for extra nutrition and crunch.
- Try canned salmon, packed in water, instead of tuna.
Keyword Cucumber, Cucumbers, Dijon Mustard, Green Onion, Green Onions, Lemon, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Lemons, Seafood, Tuna, Tuna Fish, White Beans