This soup is an excellent source of vitamin C. Vitamin C helps promote healing of cuts and scrapes.
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Onion Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- 8 Tomatoes Ripe and chopped, or 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups Broth Vegetable or chicken
- 1 tsp Basil Dried
- Salt Optional
- Ground Black Pepper Optional
- Medium Saucepan
- Blender Optional
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir a few times as soup is cooking.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in basil, salt, and pepper if desired.
- For smooth soup, allow to cool slightly, move contents to a blender and blend to desired consistency. Return to saucepan and heat to simmer.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Keyword Basil, Beef Broth, Garlic Cloves, Ground Pepper, Onion, Salt, Tomatoes, Vegetable Oil