- 2 Jalapeño Pepper Medium
- ½ Onion Red, medium
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar Or lime juice from half a lime
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 14½ ounces, no salt added
- ¼ cup Cilantro Optional; fresh leaves
- Medium Pot
- Rinse peppers. Remove seeds and mince.
- Peel onion and garlic. Rinse onion and dice. Mince garlic.
- If using, rinse and chop cilantro leaves.
- In a medium pot, add peppers, garlic, onion, apple cider vinegar, and canned tomatoes. Heat mixture over medium heat for 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Chill before serving. If using, add cilantro to chilled salsa.
- Use any kind of onions or hot peppers you like.
- For an extra kick, add a third jalapeño or a serrano pepper.
- When in season, use 3 medium or 2 large fresh tomatoes in place of canned.
- Try serving this salsa as a dip with corn tortilla chips, as a topping on baked potatoes or tacos, or as a sauce for grilled meats and fish.
- Make a bigger batch and freeze.
Keyword Apple Cider Vinegar, Diced Tomatoes, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Gluten Free, Jalapeño Pepper, Lime, Lime Juice, Onion, Onions, Red Onion, Salsa, Tomato, Tomatoes, Vegan, Vegetarian