Tomato and Garlic Omelet
This unique omelet includes vegetables and whole wheat bread for a balanced breakfast.
- 1/2 slice Whole Wheat Bread
- 1/2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic Finely chopped
- Cooking Spry
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Mozzarella Cheese Low-fat
- 1 Tomato Large, chopped
- 1 tsp Basil Dried
- Baking Sheet
- Medium Skillet
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cut the bread into cubes; toss with oil and garlic in a small bowl. Spread the cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 15 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown, tossing once or twice. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Spray a medium pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Pour in eggs.
- When the egg begins to set, spread evenly across the bottom of the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Once the top layer of egg is almost cooked, sprinkle the cheese and basil on top and scatter the tomatoes and bread over half of the omelet; fold the unfilled omelet half over the filling. Slide the omelet on a plate and serve.
Keyword Basil, Cooking Spray, Eggs, Garlic, Mozzarella Cheese, Olive Oil, Tomato, Whole Wheat Bread