- 12 ounces Monkfish Fillets (2-3 fillets)
- 3 teaspoons Ginger Grated or finely chopped ginger, or 1-2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic Finely chopped
- Salt To taste
- Ground Black Pepper To taste
- 2 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Green Onions Finely sliced on the diagonal
- Dinner Plate
- Large Saucepan with Lid
- Cut fish into big chunks. Mix with the ginger and garlic and season to taste. Place on a dinner plate in one layer. Fill a large saucepan halfway with water and bring to a boil.
- Place the plate with the fish on top of the saucepan and cover with the saucepan lid.
- Steam for 7-8 minutes or until opaque and cooked through but not quite flaking. Timing will depend on how close the plate is to the boiling water- be careful not to overcook.
- Meanwhile, heat sesame oil and soy sauce in a saucepan or in the microwave. Arrange fish on 2 serving plates. Drizzle with the soy sauce mixture and sprinkle with the spring onions. Serve with rice.
Keyword Fish, Fresh Ginger, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Ginger, Green Onion, Green Onions, Monkfish, Monkfish Fillets, Oil, Seafood, Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce