Try this delicious soup with acorn squash, pumpkin, butternut squash, crookneck, or a unique variety of winter squash that you grow in your garden or can find at a local farmers market.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Onions Medium, chopped
- 2 Carrots Medium, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 cup Tomato Puree Canned
- 5 cups Chicken Broth Low-sodium
- 4 cups Winter Squash Cooked
- 1½ Tbsp Oregano Dried
- 1½ Tbsp Basil Dried
- Saucepan Large
- In a large saucepan, warm oil over medium heat.
- Stir in onions, carrots and garlic.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, covered.
- Stir in the tomato puree, chicken broth, cooked squash, and herbs.
- Bring soup to a simmer and cook, covered, for 30 minutes.
Keyword Basil, Carrots, Chicken Broth, Garlic, Olive Oil, Onion, Oregano, Winter Squash