- ½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- ¾ cup Squash Puree
- 2 Eggs
- 1½ cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ cup Raisins Optional
- ½ cup Nuts Optional; chopped walnuts, pecans, etc.
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- 9×5-inch Loaf Pan
- To make squash puree, cut squash in half and remove and discard seeds. Place squash halves inverted in a large flat microwave safe dish with a 1 inch of water. Microwave for 10-12 minutes, then mash squash with potato masher or in a food processor and remove excess water.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, squash puree, and oil.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- Fold flour mixture into the wet mixture until moistened. If using, stir in nuts and/or raisins now.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×5-inch loaf pan and bake 40-50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, AP Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Bread, Chopped Nuts, Cinnamon, Flour, Ground Cinnamon, Pecans, Raisin, Raisins, Squash, Squash Puree, Walnuts