- 5 Carrots Roasted
- 1 cup Split Peas Yellow; rinsed
- 3 cups Broth
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic Peeled and diced
- 1 Onion Yellow, small, chopped
- ½ Tablespoon Rosemary Dried
- ½ Tablespoon Thyme Dried
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Slow Cooker
- Small Saucepan
- Large Saucepan
- Soak the yellow split peas in about 3 cups water until soft. This can be done overnight in a slow cooker on low, or 3 to 4 hours on high. Drain.
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, onions, and garlic.
- Sauté until translucent; about 5 minutes, turning every once in a while.
- In a blender (or you can use an emulsifier in the slow cooker) add the roasted carrots, split peas, onions, garlic, and 3 cups broth. Blend until smooth.
- Pour back into the slow cooker, add seasonings and herbs, let simmer on low for 4 to 5 hours or until ready to serve.
- Alternative cooking method: This can all be done on the stovetop in a large saucepan and let simmer until warmed.
Keyword Broth, Carrot, Carrots, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Low Sodium Broth, Olive Oil, Onion, Onions, Rosemary, Soup, Split Pea, Thyme