Spicy Baked Squash
This side dish is perfect for a fall or winter meal. Squash cooked with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger creates a simple dish to accompany your favorite entrée.
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 1 dash Salt To taste
- 2 Tbsp Margarine
- 3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- Cooking Spray
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat the baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Wash the squash. Cut it in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Cut the squash into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place the squash on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Melt the margarine on low heat in a saucepan.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to the spaucepan.
- Spread the margarine mix on the squash.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender.
Keyword Acorn Squash, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Salt