- 1 pound Catfish Raw
- ½ cup Flour Wheat or white
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Corn Flakes
- 4 Buns Wheat or white
- 1 Avocado Optional
- 4 slices Cheese Optional; low fat
- Sheet Pan
- 3 Medium Bowls
- Small Bowl
- Preheat oven to 450°F and grease a sheet pan for baking.
- Cut catfish into 4 even parts.
- Align 3 bowls. In the first, add whole wheat flour. In the second, beat two eggs until evenly mixed. In the third, add dry cereal (crumble into smaller pieces with hands).
- Take one of the cut catfish pieces and roll into the bowl of flour, then dip into the bowl of eggs, and finally roll into the bowl of dry cereal until fully coated. Then lay onto greased pan.
- Repeat with last three catfish pieces.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- Next, flip the catfish over and bake for another 6 minutes.
- Layer each catfish fillet with a slice of cheese.
- If using avocado, mash in a small bowl, then spread on the inside of each of the bun tops.
- Assemble the catfish on top of the bottom bun, and finish with the avocado-spread top bun.
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, AP Flour, Avocado, Buns, Catfish, Cheese, Corn Flakes, Egg, Eggs, Flour, Hamburger Bun, Hamburger Buns, Raw Catfish, Wheat Flour, Whole Wheat Flour