Simple Stuffed Peppers
These simple stuffed peppers are fun and flavorful. Use yellow, red, green, and orange peppers for a colorful dish.
- 1 cup Brown Rice Uncooked
- 1 can Black Beans 15-ounce, low-sodium
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese Shredded, reduced fat
- 1 Tomato Sliced
- 1 cup Salsa
- Salt Optional, to taste
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Dish
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions.
- Wash the peppers under running water.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and spoon out the seeds.
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Combine the beans, rice, salsa and salt (optional).
- Spoon about 3 Tablespoons of the mixture into the bottom of each pepper.
- Place a slice of tomato on top of the mixture and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 to fill the pepper completely but do not top with cheese.
- Bake peppers for 30 minutes, top each with 2 Tablespoons of cheese and continue baking for 15 minutes more.
Keyword Bell Peppers, Black Beans, Brown Rice, Cheddar Cheese, Salsa, Salt, Tomato