- 1¼ pound White Fish Hake and Pollock are great options
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes 16 ounces, no salt added
- 1 Onion Medium, sweet or yellow
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 2 Tablespoon Oil Canola or olive
- 1 Tablespoon Curry Powder + 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Oven Safe Pan
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash fish in cold water, pat dry with paper towels, and store in fridge until ready to use.
- Wash peppers, and cut into a medium dice.
- Cut onion into a medium dice.
- Place burner on medium heat setting, heat oil in an oven safe pan, until it can easily coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the diced onion and 1 teaspoon of salt; cook until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add spice mixture and toast for 30 seconds.
- Add the bell peppers and cook until colors are bright and some of the water has cooked down, about 3 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and cook until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Add fish to the top of the sauce, lightly press so it is partially submerged, drizzle a bit of olive oil on top, and put in the oven.
- Cook fish for 15-20 minutes or until white and flaky. Note, cook times may vary based on fish thickness.
- Optional: sprinkle arugula, parsley, or cilantro on top of finished dish.
Keyword Bell Pepper, Bell Peppers, Crushed Tomatoes, Curry Powder, Fish, Gluten Free, Haddock, Onion, Onions, Paprika, Pollock, Salt, Seafood, Shakshouka, Tomato, Tomatoes, White Fish