Toasted whole grain bread is stacked with cucumbers, sardines, tomato, and sliced red onion. Try canned tuna or salmon as tasty alternatives for sardines.
- 8 slices Whole Wheat Bread Toasted
- 1 Cucumber Peeled if desired, thinly sliced
- 2 cans Sardines 4 ounce can, drained
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tomato Large, thiny sliced
- 1 Onion Red or white, peeled and thinly sliced
- Put 4 slices toasted bread on the cutting board. Arrange cucumber slices on top of each slice.
- Distribute the sardines evenly on top of the cucumber and using the fork, gently mash them. Spread the mashed sardines to cover the cucumber. Squeeze the lemon juice over the sardines.
- Put the tomato slices on top of the sardines. Add the red onion. Top with the remaining slices of toast and press down gently to hold the sandwich together.
- Cut the sandwich in half and serve right away.
- Canned tuna or salmon can be used instead of sardines.
Keyword Canned Sardines, Cucumber, Lemon Juice, Onion, Tomato, Whole Wheat Bread