- 2 cups Pasta Whole wheat, penne
- 2 Green Onions Medium
- 1 can Salmon 14½ ounces, canned in water
- 1 cup Peas Frozen
- 1 cup Yogurt Low-fat
- 2 teaspoons Dill Dried, or dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 9-inch Square Baking Dish
- Large Bowl
- Large Pot
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Boil the pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander. Run under water until cool to the touch, to keep noodles from sticking together.
- Rinse and finely chop green onions.
- Drain canned salmon. In a large bowl, mix salmon, pasta, green onions, peas, yogurt, dill or parsley, salt, and black pepper.
- Transfer pasta mixture to a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over pasta mixture. Bake 25-30 minutes, until bubbling and golden.
- Try using 1 (12-ounce) can low-sodium tuna in water instead of the salmon.
- Kick up the flavor by adding a pinch of ground cayenne pepper to the pasta mixture. Or, top with hot sauce when served.
Keyword Canned Salmon, Dill, Green Onion, Green Onions, Ground Black Pepper, Parmesan, Parmesan Cheese, Pasta, Peas, Salmon, Salt, Seafood, Whole Wheat Pasta, Yogurt