- ½ Bell Pepper Any color
- 1 stalk Celery Small stalk, finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley Fresh, chopped
- 2 cans Salmon 15 ounces, drained; or 1½ cups cooked salmon
- 1 Egg Lightly beaten
- 1½ teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1¾ cups Bread Crumbs
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
Creamy Dill Sauce
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Scallions Thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dill Finely chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- Medium Bowl
- Place salmon in a medium bowl. Flake apart with a fork; remove any bones and skin. Add egg and mustard, mix well.
- Add the diced pepper and celery (you can sauté these ahead of time, if you’d like), bread crumbs, and pepper; mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 8 patties, about 2½ inches wide and ½ inch thick.
- Heat 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 4 patties (more if you can fit them, but don’t over crowd the skillet) and cook 3-4 minutes aside, until nice and golden and the cakes are heated all the way through.
- Combine all the ingredients for the Dill Sauce in a bowl and serve with the salmon cakes.
- Alternative cooking method: Place cakes on greased baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and bake and 450°F for 10-15 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
Keyword Bell Pepper, Bell Peppers, Bread Crumbs, Canned Salmon, Celery, Dijon Mustard, Dill, Egg, Fish, Greek Yogurt, Lemon Juice, Mayonnaise, Mustard, Panko Bread Crumbs, Parsley, Salmon, Scallions, Seafood