- 3 pounds Root Vegetables Such as carrots, parsnips, turnips, sweet potatoes, potatoes, rutabaga, beets, etc.
- 1 Onion Small
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 1½ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Rosemary Optional; or another spice of your choice (dry or fresh)
- Vegetable Peeler
- Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 425°F.
- Peel 3 pounds of root vegetables, if desired, then cut them into rough 1-inch chunks.
- Cut 1 small onion into 1-inch chunks.
- Place root vegetables and onion on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with ¼ cup olive oil, sprinkle with 1½ teaspoons of salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and toss to evenly coat. Spread out in an even layer.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven, sprinkle the vegetables with rosemary or spice of your choice, toss to combine. Spread back out in an even layer. Continue to roast until the vegetables are tender and carmelized, another 10-15 minutes.
- Try adding apples in with your vegetables for a touch of sweetness. Chop into one-inch pieces before roasting.
- Garlic also makes a wonderful addition.
Keyword Beets, Carrot, Carrots, Gluten Free, Onion, Onions, Parsnip, Parsnips, Potato, Potatoes, Roasted, Rutabaga, Sweet Potato, Sweet Potatoes, Turnips, Vegan, Vegetarian