Roasted Delicata Squash Pasta with Kale
A hearty and delightful pasta dish.
- 1 Delicata Squash
- 3 teaspoon Olive Oil Divided
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ½ package Pasta 8 ounces rigatoni
- 1 cup Leeks Chopped; 1-2 leeks
- ¼ cup Almonds Roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves Finely chopped
- 2 cups Kale Remove leaves from stem, chop finely
- Stock Pot
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat your oven to 400°F degrees. Cut off the ends of the delicata squash and slice it in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Slice each squash half into ½-inch wide half moon shapes. Transfer the delicata squash pieces to a baking sheet and toss with 2 teaspoons of olive oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Roast the delicata squash for 10 minutes. Flip the pieces over and roast for 10 to 12 minutes more, until tender and slightly caramelized. Set the roasted delicata squash aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the package directions, until al dente. Drain and rinse the pasta and return it to the pot. Toss the cooked pasta with a teaspoon of olive oil to prevent the pieces from sticking together.
- Cut the dark green tops off of the leeks and discard or save for making vegetable broth. Roughly chop the light green section of the leeks and place them in a bowl.
- Fill the bowl with water and use your fingers to separate the layers of the leek and clean out any debris. Drain the leeks and dry them between two kitchen towels or paper towels.
- Heat a large, dry skillet over medium heat. When hot, add the chopped almonds and toast until fragrant and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer the almonds to a small bowl and set aside.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and add the butter. Once melted, reduce the heat to medium-low and add 1 cup of chopped leek. Season the leek with ¼ teaspoon of salt and sauté until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic to the skillet and sauté a minute more. Remove from heat and fold the cooked pasta into the skillet, coating the noodles with the garlic butter and leeks.
- Place the chopped kale in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt. With clean hands, massage the kale for a minute or two, until softened and bright green. Scoop the massaged kale into the skillet and stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Transfer the roasted squash to the skillet and stir gently to incorporate it with the pasta and veggies. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve warm.
Keyword Almonds, Butter, Delicata Squash, Garlic, Kale, Leeks, Pasta, Vegetarian