- 1 medium Onion Peeled
- 1 Anise Bulb Trimmed and core removed, for garnish
- 2 medium Shallots Peeled
- 16 ounces Broccoli Frozen
- 7 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 tsp Chicken Seasoning
- 1 1/4 tsp Garlic Minced
- 1 Lemon
- 1 small Orange Navel
- 16 ounces Shrimp
- 1 cup French Fried Onions Optional
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut onion, anise bulb, shallots and pepper into similar-sized chunks, place in a large bowl and add broccoli florets.
- Add 5 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. seasoning and 1 tsp. minced garlic; mix to coat evenly.
- Cut the lemon and orange in half crosswise. Cut one each of the lemon and orange halves into 8 wedges and add to the bowl. Reserve the other lemon and orange halves.
- Evenly spread vegetable/fruit mixture on the sheet pan and place reserved lemon and orange halves in corners of the pan. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place shrimp in now empty bowl. Add 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/4 tsp. seasoning and 1/4 tsp. minced garlic and toss to evenly coat. Set aside.
- After veggies have roasted for the 15 minutes, scatter the seasoned shrimp on top.
- Return pan to oven and roast an additional 10 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and cooked.
- Remove from oven and, using a pot holder, paper towel or tongs, carefully squeeze the roasted lemon and orange halves over the shrimp mixture.
- Garnish with reserved anise fronds and sprinkle with French fried onions, if desired.
Keyword Anise, Broccoli, Fried Onions, Garlic, Lemon, Onion, Orange, Shallot