- 3/4 cups Bread Crumbs
- 4 Tbsp Butter Unsalted
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Thyme Leaves Plus 3 sprigs
- 8 Chicken Thighs Bone-in, patted dry
- Kosher Salt To taste
- Ground Black Pepper To taste
- 1 lb Carrots Medium, scrubbed, cut into 3-in pieces, halved lengthwise if thyick
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Small Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Place rack in highest position in oven; preheat to 450 degrees.
- Place panko in a small bowl. Mash butter, mustard, and thyme leaves in another small bowl with a fork.
- Season chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper. Arrange skin side up a rimmed baking sheet and smear all over skin side of thighs.
- Working with 1 piece at a time, firmly press chicken, skin side down, into panko so crumbs adhere. Place back on baking sheet skin side up.
- Arrange carrots and thyme sprigs around chicken and drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and bake until carrots are tender and chicken is cooked through, 20-30 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Broil chicken and carrots just untilo panko is golden brown and carrots are tender and browned in spots, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a platter and pour pan juices over top.
Keyword Butter, Carrots, Chicken Thighs, Dijon Mustard, Ground Black Pepper, Kosher Salt, Panko Bread Crumbs, Thyme Leaves, Vegetable Oil