Quinoa is a fluffy, slightly crunchy, high-protein, gluten-free alternative grain native to South America. This can be used to stuff a turkey or served as a side dish.
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Butternut Squash Peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 small Zucchini Cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bunch Green Onions Chopped
- 1 cup Apricot Dried and diced
- 1 cup Cranberries Dried
- 1 cup Parsley Fresh, chopped
- 1 Lime Juiced, or to taste
- Large Skillet
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil in a saucepan, reduce heat to low, and stir in quinoa. Cover pan and simmer until quinoa absorbs the liquid, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir butternut squash and zucchinis in the hot oil until slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Stir quinoa into the vegetables and gently mix green onions, apricots, cranberries, and parsley into the stuffing. Drizzle with lime juice to taste.
Keyword Apricot, Butternut Squash, Cranberries, Green Onion, Lime Juice, Quinoa, Vegetable Oil, Vegetable Stock, Zucchini