These scones provide more fiber than traditional scones and can be eaten on their own, or as a tasty accompaniment to soup in winter.
- 1¼ cups Pumpkin Peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ cup Margarine
- ¼ cup Milk Low-fat
- 1 Egg
- Extra flour To dust
- 2 Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Steam pumpkin for 10 minutes, or until soft. Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Combine flour, sugar and spices in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the cooled pumpkin until smooth. Add the milk and egg and mix well.
- Add the pumpkin to the flour mixture and combine gently until the mixture begins to hold together.
- Using your hands, turn the dough onto a lightly floured bench. Knead gently for 2–3 minutes or until smooth. Split dough into evenly sized scone rounds, place on a baking paper lined tray and sprinkle lightly with extra flour.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden on top and cooked through. Serve warm.
Keyword AP Flour, Cinnamon, Egg, Margarine, Milk, Nutmeg, Pumpkin, Sugar