- ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar Packed
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs Large
- ½ can Pumpkin Purée 15 ounce can
- ½ cup Yogurt Nonfat, plain
- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- ½ cup Chocolate Chips Optional
- ½ cup Raisins Optional
- ½ cup Nuts Optional; chopped walnuts, pecans, etc.
- Muffin Pan
- Large Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix flours, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, canned pumpkin, yogurt, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- If using chocolate chips, raisins, or chopped nuts, stir in now.
- Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each muffin cup about ¾ full with batter. Bake on middle rack of oven until muffin tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Cool in pan about 5 minutes. Tap muffins out of pan. Cool completely before serving.
- Make a double batch to use the whole can of pumpkin puree. Muffins freeze well for up to 2 weeks. They make a great grab-and-go breakfast. Pull one out each morning. Reheat in microwave for 1 minute or toaster oven for 5 minutes.
- To make pumpkin bread instead of muffins, coat a 9-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter into pan. Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 55–60 minutes.
- Try making banana muffins instead of pumpkin muffins. Use ¾ cup mashed, ripe
banana instead of canned pumpkin.
- Instead of using cooking spray, line muffin pan with paper muffin cups if you like.
- Substitute ½ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt for plain yogurt if you like.
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, AP Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Eggs, Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Muffins, Nutmeg, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Puree, Sugar, Vanilla, Vanilla Extract, Vegetarian, Whole Wheat Flour, Yogurt