Pumpkin Mac & Cheese for One
To make this dish even faster, use leftover cooked pasta, preferably whole grain, to make this meal in under 5 minutes.
- ¾ cup Pasta Cooked
- 1½ Tbsp Cheddar Cheese Soup Canned
- ⅛ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1½ Tbsp Milk Low-fat
- 1 Tbsp Cheese Low-fat
- 1 tsp Mustard
- Microwave Safe Dish
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Stir the "wet" ingredients (soup, pumpkin purée, milk, and mustard), and heat in microwave for 45 to 60 seconds; stir again until creamy.
- Add cooked pasta to cream and sprinkle cheese on top. Heat another 30 to 45 seconds or until cheese melts.
- Low-fat cheddar cheese used in nutrition analysis and for costing purposes.
- Why add pumpkin? Adding pumpkin mixture in addition to the cheese soup lowers the total calories and boosts nutritional fiber and vitamin A.
Keyword Cheddar Cheese, Cheese, Milk, Mustard, Pasta, Pumpkin Puree