A spicy and savory one pot dish that the whole family will enjoy. Add some cayenne pepper for an extra kick.
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- ⅓ tsp Onion Minced
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp Ginger
- ⅛ cup Red Peppers Optional
- 1 Sweet Potato Peeled and diced
- 1 can Tomatoes 14.5 ounces, diced, with liquid
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Peanut Butter Creamy, reduced-fat
- 1¼ cup Milk Non-fat
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- ¼ cup Peanuts Roasted, chopped
- Green Onions Optional, for garnish
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a soup pot. Bring to boil, then turn down to medium low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in peanut butter and milk. Return to gentle simmer and cook uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Ladle stew into bowls and top with peanuts and green onion, if desired.
Keyword Baby Spinach, Brown Rice, Chicken Broth, Garlic Powder, Ginger, Green Onions, Milk, Onion, Peanut Butter, Peanuts, Red Pepper, Sweet Potatoes, Tomatoes