- 1 pound Pasta Whole wheat
- ¼ cup Oil Canola or olive
- 5 Garlic Cloves 2-3 teaspoons, minced
- 5 cups Spinach Washed and dried if not prewashed
- 1 can Cannellini Beans 15 ounces; drained and rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese Optional; grated
- Large Pot
- Large Pan
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain well, and transfer back into the pot.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat the oil and add the minced garlic.
- Cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring a few times.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted.
- Add drained and rinsed cannellini beans, salt, and pepper. Stir together.
- Add drained pasta to the pan and stir.
- If using, turn the heat off, add Parmesan cheese, and stir together.
- Substitute whole wheat pasta with gluten-free or bean pasta, if you like.
- Substitute beans with cooked chicken or lean ground meat, if you like.
Keyword Cannellini Beans, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Oil, Pasta, Spinach, Whole Wheat Pasta