- 4 pounds Lamb Boneless shoulder meat, cut into medium-size chunks
- 5 Potatoes Yukon gold, peeled and roughly chopped (about 1 cup)
- 5 Carrots Peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic Roughly chopped
- 2 Shallots Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano Dried
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley Dried
- 2 Tablespoons Rosemary Dried
- 1 teaspoon Thyme Dried
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 teaspoons Salt Or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cups Broth Lamb broth if available, or water
- Roasting Pan Large, deep-bottomed
- Preheat an oven to 325°F.
- Use a paper towel to pat the meat dry. If using a whole roast, cut it into medium-size chunks.
- In a large, deep-bottomed roasting pan, place the meat then surround it with potatoes, carrots, garlic, and shallots. Add the salt, then all the dried herbs. Sprinkle the meat with salt then drizzle with olive oil. Pour the broth or water into the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the pan and place in the middle of the oven. Cook for 1.5 hours, or until meat reads at least 165°F. For meat to brown remove the cover and let cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Let the meat rest, covered, for about 10 minutes before serving. Use a slotted spoon to serve on a platter, if you prefer not to serve with the liquids.
- If using fresh herbs, use the following measurements: 3 Tablespoons oregano, 3 Tablespoons Parsley, 2 sprigs rosemary, 1 sprig of thyme.
- If making this a halal meal, be sure that the meat has a certified halal label.
Keyword Bay Leaf, Bay Leaves, Carrot, Carrots, Garlic, Garlic Cloves, Halal, Lamb, Lamb Broth, Lamb Meat, Olive Oil, Oregano, Parsley, Potato, Potatoes, Rosemary, Shallot, Shallots, Thyme