- ¼ cup Canola Oil
- 4 fillets Hake 7-ounce fillets, skin removed
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Thyme Fresh leaves
- Salt To taste
- Ground Black Pepper
- Large Oven-Safe Pan
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large, oven-safe saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Place the hake in the hot oil, presentation side down. Cook for 2 minutes, then lower the heat. Add the butter to the pan and let it brown around the fish for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and carefully flip the fish over. Transfer the saute pan to the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the fish fillets to a serving platter. Brush the fillets with lemon juice and garnish with thyme leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
Keyword Butter, Canola Oil, Fish, Fresh Thyme, Gluten Free, Hake, Hake Fillets, Lemon, Lemon Juice, Oil, Seafood, Thyme