- ½ cup Olive Oil Plus more for pan
- 2 Eggs Large
- ¾ cup Sugar Plus ⅓ cup for topping
- ½ cup Orange Juice
- 1¼ cups Flour All-purpose, spooned and leveled
- ½ cup Cornmeal Yellow
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Orange Finely grated zest; use orange segments for serving (optional)
- 8-inch Round Cake Pan
- Large Bowl
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Brush bottom and sides of an 8-inch round cake pan with oil; line the bottom with a round of wax or parchment paper, and brush paper with oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, eggs, 1 cup sugar, and orange juice until smooth. Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and orange zest; whisk gently to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan; sprinkle top evenly with remaining ⅓ cup sugar (topping will be thick). Bake until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan and a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
Keyword All-Purpose Flour, AP Flour, Cornmeal, Eggs, Flour, Oil, Olive Oil, Orange, Orange Juice, Orange Zest, Sugar, Yellow Cornmeal