Mushroom Steak Fajitas
Bring another serving of vegetables and important nutrients to your plate with this veggie-filled twist on classic fajitas. We've upped the vegetables ante by sautéing savory mushrooms and mixing them with steak for an umami-rich, flavorful punch. And we've sped up the preparation time for this Tex-Mex favorite, foregoing marinating the steak by using a tender cut.
- 12 oz Sirloin Or boneless steak
- 3 cups Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 Tbsp Lime Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Green Bell Pepper Sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Medium, sliced
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Medium, sliced
- 8 Whole Wheat Tortillas 6-inch
- 1 Tomato Medium, diced
- 2 cups Lettuce Iceberg
- 4 Tbsp Sour Cream Non-Fat
- Medium Bowl
- Large Bowl
- Skillet Or frying pan
- Slice beef across the grain into 1/4-inch strips. Place in a medium bowl with 1/2 tbsp lime seasoning; toss to coat.
- Place mushrooms, peppers, and onion and remaining lime seasoning in a large bowl; toss to coat.
- Heat oil in large, non-stick skillet. Add beef strips; cook about 3-4 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Place coated vegetables in skillet and sauté until vegetables are slightly tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add beef back to skillet and sauté mixture 1-2 more minutes.
- Assemble fajitas by dividing beef-vegetable mixture evenly on each tortilla, top with remaining ingredients and roll up.
Keyword Green Bell Pepper, Lettuce, Lime Seasoning, Mushrooms, Red Bell Pepper, Sour Cream, Steak, Tomato, Vegetable Oil, Whole Wheat Tortillas, Yellow Bell Pepper