- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese Part-skim
- 3 Eggs Large
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- ¾ tsp Oregano Dried, divided
- ¾ tsp Basil Dried, divided
- ¾ tsp Parsley Dried, divided
- can Tomato Sauce 8 ounces, divided
- 2 Small Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
- Small Skillet
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut mozzarella chunk in half. Then, cut each half into about 6 sticks. While you prepare remaining ingredients, freeze mozzarella sticks for at least 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs with a fork until well blended.
- In a second small bowl, mix bread crumbs with ½ teaspoon dried oregano, ½ teaspoon dried basil, and ½ teaspoon dried parsley.
- Dip each frozen mozzarella stick into beaten egg mixture, then into seasoned breadcrumbs. Repeat once more until each stick is coated well.
- Place breaded mozzarella sticks on a baking sheet. Spray them lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Bake until lightly browned, about 5-8 minutes.
- In a small skillet, add tomato sauce and remaining ¼ teaspoon dried oregano, ¼ teaspoon dried basil, and ¼ teaspoon dried parsley. Stir to combine. Warm over low heat while mozzarella sticks are baking.
- Serve mozzarella sticks with warmed tomato sauce.
- String cheese may have a better unit price than mozzarella in chunk form.
- The cheese may ooze through the coating as the sticks bake. While still warm, gently press melted cheese back into the stick. It will harden as it cools down.
- Instead of using canned tomato sauce, make your own.
Keyword Basil, Bread Crumbs, Breading, Cheese, Egg, Eggs, Mozzarella, Mozzarella Cheese, Oregano, Parsley, Tomato Sauce